Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Khan
    Keymaster

Read the following Paragraph and answer the questions given in the end to show you reading comprehension:

“I Have a Dream” is a public speech delivered by American civil rights activist Martin Luther King Jr. during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom on August 28, 1963, in which he called for an end to racism in the United States and called for civil and economic rights. Delivered to over 250,000 civil rights supporters from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., the speech was a defining moment of the civil rights movement.

Beginning with a reference to the Emancipation Proclamation, which freed millions of slaves in 1863, King observes that: “one hundred years later, the Negro still is not free”. Towards the end of the speech, King departed from his prepared text for a partly improvised peroration on the theme “I have a dream”, prompted by Mahalia Jackson’s cry: “Tell them about the dream, Martin!” In this part of the speech, which most excited the listeners and has now become its most famous, King described his dreams of freedom and equality arising from a land of slavery and hatred. Jon Meacham writes that, “With a single phrase, Martin Luther King Jr. joined Jefferson and Lincoln in the ranks of men who’ve shaped modern America”.The speech was ranked the top American speech of the 20th century in a 1999 poll of scholars of public address.

#Reading Comprehension #Reading Comprehension

Q1. What issues does Martin Luther King’s speech address?

Q2. What pushes King to speak: “I have a dream”?

Q3. From the last paragraph, give one word for “to leave”

Q4. What is the name of martin Luther King’s famed speech?

Q5. In front of whom does King speak?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ans 1: martin luther king’s speech addresses many problems the black people faced . He talked about ending racism and to get social and economic rights for the blacks. To get jobs for them and for them to have equal rights like the rest.

Ans:2- The love for his country and his people push Martin Luther to speak ‘i have a dream’. In which he defines what all he wants his coutry to be and most importantly people of different colour living and working together without any racial discrimination

Ans 3- the other word or one word for ‘to leave’ is – departed

Ans :4 – “I have a dream”

Ans 5: Martin Luther king addresses a large crowd of civil rights supporters of over 250,000 at the Lincoln memorial in Washington DC

Anonymous
    Inactive

Q#01:
    ANS: A call for equality and freedom, it became one of the defining moments of the civil rights movement and one of the most iconic speeches in American history. Martin Luther King, Jr. Martin Luther King, Jr., delivering his “I Have a Dream” speech during the March on Washington, August 28, 1963.”End to racism and civil and economic rights”
    Q#02:
    ANS: Toward the end of the speech, King departed from his prepared text for a partly improvised peroration on the theme “I have a dream”, prompted by Mahalia Jackson’s cry: “Tell them about the dream, Martin!” In this part of the speech, which most excited the listeners and has now become its most famous, King described his .
    Q#03:
    ANS: the other word “to leave” is departed.
    Q#04:
    ANS: “I have a dream”.
    Q#05:
    ANS: The civil rights supporters.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kashaf Saleem
    Answer 1:
    He raised his voice for the equality and freedom. He talked about ending racism and the problems faced by black people Basically this speech was in the favour of black people. It was a call for economic and civil rights.
    Answer 2:
    Injustice and inequality forces the king to speak “I Have A Dream”. He raised his voice just to end racism and provide justice to the black people. He wanted such a country where everyone will be given equal rights irrespective of color, cast, creed or language.
    Answer 3:
    Another word for “to leave” is “departed”
    Answer 4:
    “I Have A Dream”
    Answer 5:
    Martin Luther king addresses a large crowd of civil rights supporters.

Anonymous
    Inactive

1:Martin Luther King Jr. during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom on August 28, 1963, in which he called for an end to racism in the United States and called for civil and economic rights. He talked about ending racism and the problems faced by black people Basically this speech was in the favour of black people.
    2:Towards the end of the speech, King departed from his prepared text “I have a dream”, prompted by Mahalia Jackson’s cry: “Tell them about the dream, Martin!” In this part of the speech, which most excited the listeners and has now become its most famous.
    3:The other word or one word for ‘to leave’ is – departed.
    4:”I Have A Dream”
    5:Martin Luther king addresses a large crowd of civil rights supporters.

Anonymous
    Inactive

1)Continuation of racism
    End to racism and civil and economic rights
    2)He is prompted by Mahalia Jackson
    3)Departed is a given word for leave.
    4)I HAVE A DREAM was the name of Martin luther king famed speech.

5)Martin Luther king addresses a large crowd of civil rights supporters of over 250,000 at the Lincoln memorial in Washington DC

Anonymous
    Inactive

Answer 1:
    a call for equality and freedom ,it became one of the defining moments of the civil rights movement and one of the most iconic speeches in American history.Martin Luther king,kr.Martin Luther king,jr.,delivering his”I have a dream”speech during the March of Washington , august 28,1963”.end the racism and civil and economic rights.”
    Answer 2:
    injustice and inequality forces the king to speak “I have a dream”.he raised his voice just to end racism and provide justice to the black people.he wanted such a country where everyone will bi given equal rights irrespective of color, cast ,creed or language.
    Answer 3:
    Another word for “to leave “is “departed”
    Answer 4:
    “I have a dream”.
    Answer 5:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Answer # 1:
    He riesed his voice for freedom.He talked about ending racism and the problem faced by black people.Basically this speech was in the favour of black people.it was a call for economic and civil rights.
    Answer#2:
    Injustice and inequality forces the king to speak ‘I have a dream’ prompted by Mahalia Jackson’s cry:” Tell them about the dream, Martin!” In this part of speech ,which most excited the listeners. he raised his voice just to end racism and provide justice to the black people.
    Answer#3:
    Another word for’ to leave’ is departed.
    Answer#4:
    ” I have a dream”.
    Answer#5:
    Martin Luther King address a large crowd of civil right supporters of over 250,000 at the Lincoln memorial in washington DC.

Anonymous
    Inactive

FA20-BSE-032/ATK
    Answer 1 :
    In the speech of Martin Luther King Jr he describe the racism in the United States and called for civil and economic rights.
    Answer 2:
    The theme of the poem is “I have a dream”.King described his dreams of freedom and equality arising from a land of slavery and hatred.
    Answer 3:
    With a single phrase,Martin Luther King Jr joined Jefferson and Lincoln in the ranks of men who’ve shaped modern America.
    Answer 4 :
    “I have a dream ” is a public speech delivered by Martin Luther King
    Answer 5 :
    He delivered to over 25000 civil rights supporters from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington,D.C

Anonymous
    Inactive

Answer No 1:
    The king address about the civil rights of black Americans who have been treated like slaves in America for past hundred years, because of there skin colour.
    Answer No 2:
    The Racism in America pushed the king to speak about his dream to become an equal citizen in America and have equal right as black American.
    Answer No 3:
    The other word “to leave” is departed.
    Answer No 4:
    “I Have a Dream” is the king’s most famed speech.
    Answer No 5:
    The king speaked in front of 250,000 civil right supporter in Washington, D.C.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Asadullah 028

Answer no 1

He raised his voice for the correspondence and opportunity. He discussed finishing prejudice and the issues looked by individuals of color Basically this discourse was in the courtesy of individuals of color. It was a call for financial and social liberties.

Answer no 2

Bad form and disparity powers the lord to speak “I Have A Dream”. He raised his voice just to end prejudice and give equity to the individuals of color. He needed such a nation where everybody will be given equivalent rights regardless of shading, cast, belief or language.

Answer no 3

Another word for “to leave “is “departed”

Answer no 4

“I have a dream”

Answer no 5

Anonymous
    Inactive

Answer no 1:
    Basically this speech was in the favour of black people. He talked about ending racism and the problems faced by black people. He raised his voice for the equality and freedom.

Answer no 2:
    Injustice and inequality forces the king to speak “I Have A Dream”. He raised his voice just to end racism and provide justice to the black people. He wanted such a country where everyone will be given equal rights irrespective of color, cast, creed or language.

Answer no 3:
    With a single phrase, Martin Luther King Jr joined Jefferson and Lincoln in the ranks of men who’ve shaped modern America.

Answer no 4:
    The name of martin Luther King’s famed speech is “I Have a Dream”.

Answer no 5:
    Martin Luther king addresses a large crowd of civil rights supporters of over 250,000 at the Lincoln memorial in Washington DC.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Answer no 1:
    martin luther king’s speech addresses many problems the black people faced . He talked about ending racism and to get social and economic rights for the blacks.

Answer no 2:
    Injustice and inequality forces the king to speak “I have a dream”.he raised his voice just to end racism and provide justice to the black people.he wanted such a country where everyone will bi given equal rights irrespective of color, cast ,creed or language.

Answer no 3:
    Another word for“to leave’ is departed.

Answer no 4:
    “I HAVE A DREAM” was the name of Martin luther king famed speech.

Answer no 5:
    He delivered to over 25000 civil rights supporters from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington,D.C.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ans1: Martan luther king’s speech adreeses many probkems the bkack people faced.He talked about ending racism ant to get economic rights for the black.

Ans2: He is prompted by Mahalia jackson.

Ans3: Another word for’to leave’ is “departed”.

Ans4: ” I have a dream”

Ans5: Martin luther king adesses a large crowd of civil right supporters.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ANS 1. The speech of the martin luther king based on the racism in the united states and called for civil and economic rights

ANS 2. “i have a dream” because he wanted no racism and no social and economical rights violation in united states as a minister of america and also in the favour of black people.

ANS 3.another word for”to leave” is “departed from”.

ANS 4. His speech name is “I have a dream”.

ANS 5. An american civil activist martin luther king jr. delivered his public speech to over 250,000 civil rights supporters at the lincoln memorial in washington D.C.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Basically this speech was in the favour of black people. He talked about ending racism and the problems faced by black people. He raised his voice for the equality and freedom.
    2.Toward the end of the speech, King departed from his prepared text for a partly improvised peroration on the theme “I have a dream”, prompted by Mahalia Jackson’s cry: “Tell them about the dream, Martin!” In this part of the speech, which most excited the listeners and has now become its most famous, King described his
    3.one word for ‘to leave’ is – departed
    4. “I have a dream”
    5.The king speaked in front of 250,000 civil right supporter in Washington, D.C.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ans 1
    A call for equality and freedom,it become one of the defining moments of the civil rights movement and one of the most iconic speeches in Americian history.
    Ans 2
    Dr.king’s speech was used to address what was needed in the nation,to equality and respect among all Americans both white and black.this speech is needed because there had been much hatred and opression ,when everyone should been no violence or hatred.
    Ans 3
    One word for leave is “departed from”.
    Ans 4
    His speech name”I have a dream”.
    Ans 5

An american civil activist martin luther king jr. delivered his public speech to over 250,000 civil rights supporters at the lincoln memorial in washington D.C.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ANS1: It was a call for equality and freedom, it became one of the defining moments of the civil rights movement and one of the most iconic speeches in American history. Martin Luther King, Jr. Martin Luther King, Jr., delivering his “I Have a Dream” speech during the March on Washington, August 28, 1963.”End to racism and civil and economic rights”.
    ANS2: The love for his country and his people push Martin Luther to speak ‘I have a dream’. In which he defines what all he wants his country to be and most importantly people of different color’s living and working together without any racial discrimination.
    ANS3: The other word “to leave” is departed.
    ANS4:His speech name is ”I have a dream”.
    ANS5:Martin Luther king addresses a large crowd of civil rights supporters of over 250,000 at the Lincoln memorial in Washington DC

Anonymous
    Inactive

1)Martin Luther King speech addresses problems faced by black people. He called for an end to racism in the United States and called for civil and economic rights.
    2) Mahalia Jackson had prompted him to speak about his dream.
    3)The other word for “to leave” is departed.
    4)”I Have a Dream”
    5)This speech is Delivered to over 250,000 civil rights supporters from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., the speech was a defining moment of the civil rights movement.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ans1:
    Martin Luther King Jr. during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom on August 28, 1963, in which he called for an end to racism in the United States and called for civil and economic rights. He talked about ending racism and the problems faced by black people Basically this speech was in the favour of black people.

Ans2:
    Mahalia Jackson had prompted him to speak about his dream.

Ans:3
    The other word “to leave” is departed.

Ans4:
    ”I Have a Dream”.

Ans5:
    The king speaked in front of 250,000 civil right supporter in Washington, D.C.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Reading Comprehension’ is closed to new replies.